From eScan Wiki
eScan version 11
- SOHO and OEM edition will be compatible with Windows 8 Release and Consumer Preview.
- Download of Malware/Spam signatures and eScan policies through HTTP protocol along with FTP have been added for eScan Corporate/SMB Clients. By default eScan Server will work on FTP protocol, to enable HTTP protocol along with FTP kindly refer document http_readme.txt from eScan installed directory on server. (Note: HTTP download will work on port 2221)
- By design eScan Web Console will be accessible through HTTP protocol. To Enable Secure HTTPS protocol kindly refer document http_readme.txt from eScan installed directory on server. (Applicable for Fresh and upgarde installation)
- Access to eScan Web Console will be compatible with Mozilla Firefox (Both Windows and Linux).
- eScan Server Private IP Address mapped to NAT IP Address can be customize for client download link on eScan Web Console login page and downloading of Malware/Spam signatures along with eScan policies.
- New feature One Time Password (OTP) added to provide temporary password for allowing user to disable particular modules on client for defined period of time. OTPass.exe can be accessed from eScan installed directory on Server. (Note: OTP will not be accepted by "eScan Protection Center", it will only be accepted in "Pause Protection" window)
- Summary Report added in Dashboard. (Top 10 information about all modules)
- Report Template and Report Schedule made simple.
- SQL database compression setting added under Webconsole setting.
- MWAgent deployment added under "Deploy/Upgrade Wizard of Clients".
- Option to "Force Download" on client added under "Client Action List".
- Advanced options added to the "Scan" option available under "Group Tasks" and "Tasks for Specific Computers".
- Task for Specific computer will provide indepth result after completion.
- New reporting format CSV added under Report Schedule.
- New Computer Found added under "Unmanaged Computers"
- Now onwards Advanced settings which use to require .reg and .ini deployment manually can be deployed through GUI using Advanced Setting and it can be customized if new feature is introduced. (Note: It requires new build on server as well as client)
- Blocking of USB Modems, Composite and Imaging Device added under Advanced Setting of Endpoint Security policy. (Available only for Corporate and SMB edition)
- Safe Mode protection feature under Tools option of eScan Protection centre added and will be available only for Workstations.
- CD/DVD burning wizard added under Rescue Disk creation (Only for 32 Bit OS)
- Document Printing Events added.
- Integrate Server Service dependency with Real time monitor added under Advanced Setting of File AntiVirus Policy.
- Time Syncronization added under Advanced Setting of File AntiVirus Policy.
- Protection for IP Address change added under Advanced Setting of File AntiVirus Policy.
- Quarantine folder restriction added under Advanced Setting of File AntiVirus Policy.
- License Renewal wizard made simple.