From eScan Wiki
Revision as of 13:09, 9 March 2020
Taking regular backup of your critical files stored on computer is very important, as files may get misplaced or damaged due to issues such as virus outbreak, modification by a ransomware or another user. The EBackup feature lets you take backup of your important files stored on your computer such as documents, Photos, media files, music files, and contacts. It lets you schedule the backup process by creating tasks. The backed up data is stored in an encrypted format in a folder secured by eScan’s real-time protection. You can create Backup jobs by adding files, folders to take a backup either manually or schedule the backup at a defined time or day.
Create a Backup Set
To create a Backup Set,
- Click Add Backup Set. Add Backup Set window appears.
- Enter a name.
- In the Scheduler section, select a preferred interval for backup execution.
- Click Backup Source and Exclusion tab.
- Select the type of files for backup. By default, Office Documents option is selected.
- Under the File/Folder Exclusion section, you can exclude a specific folder or a file format from getting backed up.
- Click Save. The Backup Set gets created.
By default, Active option is selected. If Active option is not selected, a Backup Set will be created but eScan won’t backup data.
Edit a Backup Set
To edit a Backup Set,
- Select a Backup Set.
- Click Edit Backup Set.
- After making the necessary changes, click Save. The Backup Set gets edited and saved.
Delete a Backup Set
To delete a Backup Set,
- Select a Backup Set.
- Click Delete Backup Set. A confirmation prompt appears.
- Click OK. The Backup Set gets deleted.
Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) Settings
Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM), is a Remote Desktop and Screen Sharing feature that helps Managed IT Service Providers (MSPs) remotely monitor and control all client endpoints from a centralized console. The RMM feature can be used to carry out tasks such as installing updates, patching and service configurations on the client's systems. All of the above mentioned tasks and many more can be performed remotely (rather than on-site) and save valuable time of Enterprises and Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs).
If this option is selected, client endpoint users have to manually start the RMM service to establish a RMM connection.
If this option is selected, RMM service will be started automatically and all client endpoints will be connected to your main eScan server.
User Acceptance Required
If this check box is selected, a pop-up appears on client endpoint for RMM connection acceptance. If left unselected, no pop-up appears and you get direct access to the client endpoint.
Show RMM Connection Alert
If this check box is selected, a notification appears on client endpoint informing about active RMM connection. If left unselected, no notification appears on client endpoint.