From eScan Wiki
Revision as of 05:50, 7 March 2020
eScan lets you use a client computer as an update agent to deploy updates on groups of computers.
By default, eScan server distributes the virus definitions and policies (if any deployed) to all the clients added in the web console. But, if you want to reduce server’s workload, you can create an Update Agent for the respective group(s). A single computer can be set as an Update Agent for multiple groups. The Update Agent receives virus definitions and policies from main server and distributes it to the assigned group(s).
In Managed Computers screen, clicking Update Agent displays Managed Computers folder tree (Groups and subgroups). The window lets you add, delete and assign Update Agents to a group. After the Update Agents are assigned to groups, the window displays Update Agents, its IP address and the assigned group.
Adding an Update Agent
To add an Update Agent, follow the steps given below:
- In Managed computers screen, click Update Agent. Update Agent window appears.
- Click ellipsis button next to Update Agent field, to select the computer. Select Computer widow appears.
- Select a computer and click OK.
- Click ellipsis button next to Group Name field, to select the Group Name. This is the group to which the selected computer will act as an Update Agent and provide updates.
- Select the Group and click OK.
- Click Add. The Update Agent will be added for the selected group.
Deleting an Update Agent
To delete an Update Agent, follow the steps given below:
- In Managed Computers screen, click Update Agent. Update Agent window appears.
- In the Assigned to Group(s) column, click the Trash Can icon. A confirmation prompt appears.
- Click OK. The Update Agent gets deleted.