From eScan Wiki
- MailScan for Lotus Notes, acts like a Content-Security and Anti-Virus Software between your Corporate Lotus Notes Mail Server and the Internet.
- It has the world's first e-mail, Content-Security and Anti-Virus feature that analyzes e-mail's on a real-time basis, before they are delivered to the clients or the servers on your network. This version, allows you to scan internal mails (local user to local user) and external mails (local user to Internet, Internet to local user).
- Besides providing Anti-Virus and Content-Scanning, MailScan also has a Generic Attachment Analyzer, automatic compression/decompression feature, a comprehensive Notification Engine and many other features.
- MailScan uses the eScan Content-Security and Anti-Virus solution to scan all e-mail attachments. Incoming and outgoing e-mail's are scanned and cleaned and the contents checked before your e-mail server processes them.
- All MailScan processes are multi-threaded. This ensures that all e-mail's are parallely processed.
- All types of attachments are handled by MailScan, including MIME and UUEncoded.
- Other types supported are: RFC822 attachments, Embedded e-mail's, Multipart-Mixed and Multipart-Digest types.
- The most important USPs offered by MailScan are that:-
- No port settings or changes need to be done inside Lotus Notes.
- Dedicated gateway machine not needed for using MailScan. MailScan works along with Notes on the same machine.
- Unlike other products, you will NOT lose any of the SMTP functionality provided by Lotus Notes, when using MailScan.
- Manual and scheduled scanning can be done for Lotus Notes NSF files.
- Points to Note:
- MailScan will work with Lotus Notes version above 4.6.4a.
Return to MailScan for Lotus Notes