From eScan Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 13:55, 7 June 2008
- MailScan for SpearMail is the world's first "Real-Time" e-mail scanner for SpearMail Mail Server. This server is published by Spearhead Infotech Systems, India.
- MailScan 5.5 for SpearMail acts like a Content-Security and Anti-Virus Software for your Corporate SpearMail Mail Server. It scans and cleans e-mails that:
- Flow between all the local users.
- Go from your SpearMail Mail Server to the Internet.
- That comes into your SpearMail Mail Server from the Internet (either via SMTP or POP3).
- MailScan is the *only* product available in the world that transparently works on both SMTP and POP3 traffic.
- It has the world's first e-mail Content-Security and Anti-Virus feature that analyzes e-mails on real time basis *before* they are delivered to your clients or servers. Both SMTP and POP3 are supported.
- Technically, a new layer, called as the MicroWorld Winsock Layer (MWL), has been introduced between the default WinSock2 and the applications. This layer is responsible for analyzing the traffic that flows between SpearMail and the Internet or your applications.
- Anti-Virus and Content-Checking are some of the benefits offered by MailScan. It also has a Generic Attachment Analyzer, automatic compression/decompression feature, a comprehensive Notification Engine and many features not found in any other products.
- MailScan uses eScan Content-Security and Anti-Virus to scan all e-mail attachments. Incoming and outgoing e-mails are scanned and cleaned of viruses and their contents checked, before your actual e-mail server processes them.
- All the MailScan processes are multi-threaded. This ensures that all e-mails are parallely processed.
- All types of attachments are handled by MailScan, including MIME and UUEncoded. Other types supported are: RFC822 attachments, Embedded e-mails, Multipart-Mixed and Multipart-Digest types.
- The most important USPs offered by MailScan are that:
- No port settings or changes need to be done inside SpearMail.
- Dedicated gateway machine not needed for using MailScan. MailScan will work along with SpearMail on the same machine.
Return to MailScan for SpearMail