From eScan Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
|Revision as of 11:18, 6 June 2008
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 12:51, 7 June 2008
WikiSysop (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
|**MailScan for Exchange will work only with Exchange 2000/2003/2007 for Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and below we recommend MailScan for SMTP.||**MailScan for Exchange will work only with Exchange 2000/2003/2007 for Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and below we recommend MailScan for SMTP.|
|+||Return to [[MailScan for Exchange 2000/2003/2007]]|
Revision as of 12:51, 7 June 2008
- "Real-Time" Scanning:-MailScan captures all the data with the help of its MailScan Exchange Connector integrated with Exchange, performs virus, content scanning and blocks Spam mails and then delivers the content to the mail server, thereby providing security on a "Real-Time" basis.
- Virus Scanning:-MailScan has its' own inbuilt Anti-Virus, 'eScan', which is integrated with the software in DLL format.Virus infected attachments are disinfected and sent to their destination. Non removable virus infected attachments, are either deleted or quarantined. If MailScan detects a Word or Excel attachment that contains an infected macro, it removes the virus from the attachment.Clean Macros are not removed from the document.
- In case of any virus infection, appropriate warning messages, with the Virus Name, Action taken and e-mail details, are sent to the e-mail Sender, the Recipient and the Mail-Server Administrator.
- Content Scanning.:-All incoming and outgoing messages are scanned for abusive words and/or phrases, which are pre-defined by the Security Policy Administrator of MailScan. If such words occur, warning messages can optionally be sent to the Administrator, the sender and the recipient.
- Global Content-Control policies (pre-defined words and phrases) are dynamically updated from the Internet at regular intervals, along with normal Anti-Virus and Policy updates.
- Automatic Updates.:-MailScan has self-learning and automatic detection capabilities that recognize the Internet connectivity. When MailScan detects an Internet connection, it automatically connects to MicroWorld's FTP server to check for and download Updates. With this feature (that works on dedicated as well as dial-up lines), all MailScan users across the world receive updates on a regular basis. Both Attachment filter rules and AntiVirus Updates are downloaded.
- Automatic updates can be via FTP or HTTP. Proxy and Firewall (Passive FTP) support is provided. Broken FTP Updates can be resumed from breakpoint.
- Customized Messages:-Customized Virus Warning, Content Warning and Reserved Attachments Warning can be sent to the Administrator, the sender and the recipient.
- Warning messages can be in text or HTML. They can be in English or any other language.
- Forcibly Scan HTML Messages:-It forcibly scans HTML messages (not having attachments), to prevent script viruses (like Bubble-boy) from entering your network.
- Malicious Attachments Deletion:-Provides an option to forcibly delete known malicious attachments (Trojans and worms) at the gateway level itself. This list is dynamically updated from the Internet at regular intervals, along with normal Anti-Virus and Policy updates.
- Heuristic Scanning:-MailScan's heuristics scanning feature ensures that 90% of unknown viruses are automatically detected, much before the world even gets to know about these viruses. Unknown virus infected files display suspicious behavior. Such files and attachments are detected by MailScan's heuristics engine and are quarantined to a safe directory.
- Easy and convenient Administration:-MailScan provides a very easy and convenient way of administrating Rule-Sets and Security Policies. Users can install MailScan and use the default settings. All threats, updates, security policies and rule-sets are "automatically updated" from the Internet, without any user-intervention.
- Get Up-to-date names of Viruses via e-mail:-Whenever MailScan automatically downloads updates, the administrator is informed by e-mail about the time and date of update, number of files downloaded and also a list of viruses that the update cleans. Virus policy updates are done on a daily basis.
- Extensive Logs:-Every action of MailScan is properly logged. The administrator can control size of Log files and create backups of old Log Files.
- The most important USPs offered by MailScan are that:-
- No port settings or changes need to be done inside Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Dedicated gateway machine not needed for using MailScan. MailScan works along with MS Exchange on the same machine.
- Unlike other products, you will NOT lose any of the SMTP functionality's given by MS Exchange.
- MailScan for Exchange will work only with Exchange 2000/2003/2007 for Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and below we recommend MailScan for SMTP.
Return to MailScan for Exchange 2000/2003/2007