From eScan Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 11:49, 6 June 2008
- Key Features of MailScan 5.5
- Web Based Administration:-MailScan Administration Console can be accessed using a browser, thus enabling Remote Administration of the application.
- Real-Time Virus Scanning at the Mail Gateway:-Scans e-mails for all types of Virus and other malware in Real-Time including all inbound and outbound Mail Traffic.
- Attachment Filtering:-Extensive options to block certain attachments like EXE, COM, CHM or BAT from being sent or received.
- SMTP Transparent Proxy :-SMTP Transparent Proxy enables a Transport Layer Security based communication between Hub Transport Server and Edge Transport Server.
- Advanced AntiSpam and AntiPhishing:-MailScan 5.5 uses a combination of technologies like Real-time Black List, SURBL Checking, X-Spam Rules Check, Sender Policy Framework, Greylisting and Non Intrusive Learning Patterns.
- Non Intrusive Learning Patterns (NILP):-This unique technology from MicroWorld is an advanced Spam Filtering method with the intelligence to analyze all mails to filter and block spam, according to the Behavioral Patterns of the user.
- Greylisting:-In Greylisting, mails coming from unknown senders are rejected temporarily as most spamming servers do not try to send the mail in case of a first time rejection.
- Blocking Image Spam:-MailScan uses powerful technologies to filter out image spam.
- Autogenerated Spam Whitelist:-When a local user sends a mail to an email address, the system automatically adds that ID to the Spam Whitelist.
- Real-Time Content Scanning :-All incoming and outgoing messages are scanned in Real-Time for offensive words and Adult Content, with the help of Security Policies.
- Clustering:-Clustering provides load balancing by distributing mails to multiple computers for scanning.
- Relay Control:-Stops spammers from using your organization's IP addresses to send spam.
- LDAP Authenticated Web Administration:-MailScan 5 is powered with LDAP Authenticated Web Administration.
- Comprehensive Attachment & eMail Archiving:-Customizable options to archive e-mails and attachments flowing in and out of the system. This feature also helps in comprehensive Content Auditing.
- Compression and Decompression:-Options for automatic compression and decompression of files.
- POP3 Authentication:-This helps in authenticating users and restricting unauthorized access to quarantined mails.
- Customized Disclaimers:-Easy to use options to add Customized Disclaimers all external and internal emails
- Extensive Reports:-Provides advanced analytical reports in graphical and Non-graphical formats.