From eScan Wiki
|Revision as of 16:31, 15 April 2009
WikiSysop (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 16:33, 15 April 2009
WikiSysop (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 130:||Line 130:|
|-||<B><U>Release Notes for Hotfix ver. 184.108.40.2064</U></B>||+||<B><U>Release Notes for Hotfix ver. 220.127.116.114 [Date- 18-March-2009]</U></B>|
|# More changes related to system slow down/hanging added. (Changes corresponds to v.10)||# More changes related to system slow down/hanging added. (Changes corresponds to v.10)|
|# Local IP lists updated in firewall in machines with multiple adapters.||# Local IP lists updated in firewall in machines with multiple adapters.|
Revision as of 16:33, 15 April 2009
Hotfix and Updates for eScan / Mailscan
eSupdateBD ver.18.104.22.1689 [for eScan ver 10]
eSupdate ver.22.214.171.1249 [for eScan ver 9]
Release Notes for Hotfix ver. 126.96.36.1999
- Clients logging into SBS servers had problems of hanging/slowing down - Corrected.
- wgwin added to HOTFIX.
- wgwin to download hotfix was not working in chinese OS - corrected
- Handle leak in eserv and avpmapp - corrected
- java.exe will not be logged by Client live Updater
- USB protection will be available in limited mode also.
- Wildcards will be accepted in USB whitelisting
- Live alerts can now be customized.
- EMC will show event id hint ( live alert page )
- .tmp files are getting created while checking read only embedded archive files - corrected.
- .swf & .png extension added to scan list of MWAV
- Directory exclusion not working in avpmapp.exe version 9 - corrected.
- Monitor will accept short path name for directory exclusion.
- Maildisp crash after installing eScan corporate for mailscan - corrected
- Driver level caching of clean files added.
- Problems with backup before disinfection corrected.
- Hotfix will now have Rollback facility (espatch1 /rollback).
- View quarantine facility will not be available in Read Only Mode.
- ODS will now have pause facility.
- On 2000 OS deployment of policy was not working - corrected
- Deploying policy to set 'Other password for USB' was not working - Corrected
- esupdate.exe will only provide updates ( it will not include hotfixes )
- New exclusions ( related to oracle DB ) added to realtime monitor
- If eServ has a password and when you double click on it, it ask for a password if you press enter twice it was giving access violation
- view report - file anti-virus not showing correct ( showing path as c\progra it should be c:\progra (colon was missing) )
- If escan server is installed on different drive other than c: drive eScan clients never used to update - corrected.
- A Scanner dump was thrown after excluding folder from monitor setting - corrected.
- In Vista OS Web Protection used to give license expired error even after activation - corrected.
- When you run the setup it will show correct version info of the build.
- Corporate and SMB version setups if renamed to 'server.exe' and 'client.exe' it will get installed respectively.
- Error in re-ordering of update server ip in clients - Corrected.
- Access violation in econceal while generating reports - Corrected
- ODS will now rename all of the files which get detected by its heuristics scanner (files which cannot be disinfected).
- Proactive scan will be disabled in default settings.
- Focus issues with 'about eScan' - corrected
- XP and 2003 Operating system will have econceal Intermediate drivers which have been used in Vista
- Reports showing last update date as unknown - Corrected.
- win.ini & killproc.exe was getting deleted with escanpro on browser cleanup - corrected
- escanmon was not loading in limited mode - corrected
- Option to enable/disable network scan added to hotfix.
- Error with eslogon.dll in windows 2000 during login/logoff - corrected
- Unattended/gaming mode added in eScan (Not available in GUI).
- If vista is misconfigured then eScan monitor not used to load properly - corrected.
- Multiselection option given in Quarantine release.
- Coreldraw, Autocad and Oracle work files excluded from Real time scanning.
- Offline updates (esupdatebd.exe) introduced for version 10DB.
- 64-bit OS eventviewer used to log a 32bit procobserv.sys file error - corrected.
- 2008 Server OS used to log interactive warning message in eventviwer - corrected.
- Firewall cache will be cleared with every settings changed in Firewall.
- Adding Invalid IP's to Zone rule wont be allowed in Firewall.
- espatch will not show database update popup.
- escanwin access violation in version 9 while skipping scan on double esc button - corrected.
- Access violatoin in Password deployment in EMC - Corrected.
- Updated scanremv added in espatch for removing Microworld Technology Driver from Lan Card
- Under eScanpro ( firewall settings ) Add Host was accepting invalid IP and hostnames - corrected.
- Scan options in case of virus infection, if set to 'Log Only', used to display blank spaces - Corrected.
- Applications of eScan were not getting added to exception list of Windows firewall of 64 bit OS - Corrected
- Timed out increased for Manual Scan of Exchange database to 60 mins
- MailScan for Exchange with MAPI installation when you open web console - > Scanner admin > domain details -> under "Authentication password" when you type any password it was showing in plain text - Corrected
- avpm.rpx has "KAV" log line written - corrected in rp.exe
- Privacy control not working for office 2007 - Corrected
- esupdatebd.exe did not update pub\avx folder - corrected
- For double-byte char set (chinese, etc.), all strings will now be stored in utf-8 format within databases
- Facility to block USB ports completely (Not available in GUI)
- MWAV did not update pub\avx folder - Corrected.
- If IP is changed/modified escan firewall will autodetect the new IP
Release Notes for Hotfix ver. 188.8.131.524 [Date- 18-March-2009]
- More changes related to system slow down/hanging added. (Changes corresponds to v.10)
- Local IP lists updated in firewall in machines with multiple adapters.
- ODS hanging while scanning long paths in filenames/folders solved.
- Espatch will include updated econceal.exe henceforth.
- Provision to download critical Microsoft patches added to eScan Protection Center under Tools Section.
- Viewing of Web Page Scanning Reports will be disabled in clients if accessed in Read Only Mode.