From eScan Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
eScan version 14
- Support added for Windows 8.1 (aka Windows Blue).
- System performance (File I/O, Web I/O & File Execution) has been improved by over 30%.
- Web protection compatibility added for IE (Version 10 and 11)
- Web protection IP cache Technology added to tremendously increase browsing speed there by enhancing user experience.
- Suspicious File System and Registry entries will be removed automatically if Proactive filtering tags any file as suspicious.
- In cases where Rescue Mode is absent and the system does not have UEFI boot partition, eScan will automatically add the Rescue Mode after completion of Rescue creation Wizard.
- Firewall performance improved.
- Scanning of mails has been optimized.
- Updating of rescue image using rescue creation wizard will support x64 operating system.
- Burning Rescue Image to USB option has been added on both 32 and 64 Bit OS.
- Download latest hotfix (Microsoft Windows OS) will support windows 8.1 also.
- Minor design changes have been done under Web protection and Endpoint Security.
- Support added for SD Card blocking for additional friendly names.
- License deletion option added under license module.
- Latest virus signatures, anti-phish and malware-URL signatures and many bug fixes added.
- If Safe mode protection is enabled, Rescue mode option will be greyed out and vice-versa.
- If system physical memory is less than 1024 MB, eScan Rescue mode option will not be shown.
- If active internet connection is not present while installing eScan, Cloud protection ( eScan Security Network ) feature option will not be shown under GUI. Once internet connection is restored ESN feature will be shown after reboot automatically.