From eScan Wiki
eScan version 14
- SOHO editions will be compatible with Windows 8 Operating system
- New! trendy GUI added
- New! eScan Security Network ( Cloud computing ) protection added
- Improved Proactive Behaviour monitoring protection
- New! Secure Delete option added
- Latest virus signatures added
- New! Dynamic Phishing Filter is added.
- New! On the fly language change option added
- New! Rescue mode option added to remove rootkits and other blended malware threats.
- New! USB Vaccination feature added
- Henceforth SOHO editions will not support Server operating systems.
- New! Advanced rootkit detection and removal added.
- Optimized online License activation.
- New Language support added for Japanese
- IE vulnerablities option has been removed from Mail Anti-virus
- Anonymizers category will be set to block by default under Web Protection.
- New! Block portscan option added under Firewall
- Upload samples option added
- New! Advanced reporting option added under GUI
- If Safe mode protection is enabled, Rescue mode option will be greyed out.
- If Rescue mode option enabled, Safe mode protection will be greyed out.
- If system physical memory is less than 1024 MB, eScan Rescue mode option will not be shown.
- If active internet connection is not present while installing eScan, Cloud protection ( eScan Security Network ) feature option will not be shown under GUI. Once internet connection is restored ESN feature will be shown after reboot.