From eScan Wiki
||· eScan · MailScan · Technologies||· Technical Info · Security Awareness · User Guides|
- MailScan for Mailtraq is the world's first out-of-the-box, e-mail virus and content scanner for the Mailtraq Mail Server. This server is published by Fastraq Limited.
- MailScan for Mailtraq - Content Security and AntiVirus for the Mailtraq Mail Server.
- MailScan for Mailtraq (MSMT) acts like a Content-Security and AntiVirus Software between your Mailtraq Mail Server and the Internet.
- IMPORTANT: MSMT works on Mailtraq versions 2.0 and above.
- MailScan for Mailtraq integrates with the inbuilt Content-Filtering system offered by the Mailtraq software. On installation, it makes all the necessary settings changes to the Mailtraq system. Hence MailScan truly functions as an out-of-the-box product.
- AntiVirus & Content-Checking are only few of the benefits offered by MailScan. It also has a Generic Attachment Analyzer, Automatic Compression/Decompression feature, a comprehensive Notification engine and hosts of features hitherto found in any other package.
- MailScan uses the eScan Content-Security & AntiVirus to scan all attachments contained in eMails. Emails sent out to the Internet & coming in from the Internet are scanned & cleaned of Viruses and its contents checked, before your actual email server processes the same.
- All the MailScan processes are multi-threaded. This ensures that all emails are parallely processed.
- All types of attachments are handled by MailScan, including MIME and UUEncoded. RFC822 attachments, Embedded emails, Multipart-Mixed and Multipart-Digest types are also handled properly.
- The most important USPs offered by MailScan are that:
- No port settings or changes need to be done inside Mailtraq.
- No Gateway machine needs to be dedicated for using MailScan. MailScan will work along with Mailtraq on the same machine.
- Unlike other products, you will *NOT* lose any of the SMTP functionality's given by Mailtraq.
- It provides exceptional performance.
- It is completely multithreaded.
Return to MailScan for Mailtraq