From eScan Wiki
eScan version 14
- Unicode mode scanning for Russian language OS, previously it used to show junk characters while scanning.
- Advanced Proactive Feature will now blocked the suspicious process in SOHO versions, previously it was user dependent.
- Due to Windows 8.1 bug ( SLDTC.exe ) system use to get slow - corrected
- Chrome and explorer.exe use to crash due to minor bug - corrected
- Changes done to improve system performance.
- ODS scanning speed improved.
- Secured by eScan logo at logon time was shown only for one sec on Win 8.1. Now it will be shown *till* the time of logon.
- New Advanced Proactive binaries added.
- Backup jobs at startup was not getting executed in some conditions - corrected
- On vista and above OS, certain default explorer values were not being reflected when run with /explorer or /ERT command.
- We used to re-install FW drivers when OS upgrade happens from Win 8 to Win 8.1 NOW, the same will be done in case of upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8 also.
- Exploit detection's will be quarantined, instead of getting deleted.
- Performance Improvement.
- Latest virus signatures, anti-phish and malware-URL signatures and other few bug fixes added.