From eScan Wiki
Managed Mobile Devices
The Managed Mobile Devices module lets you take action related to a group and specific device. There are following buttons in this module:
- Action List
- Client Action List
- Select/Add Columns
- Policy Templates
This drop-down lets you take an action for a group.
This option lets you create a new group for categorizing/adding devices.
Add New Device
This option lets you add new devices in created groups.
Add Multiple Devices
This option lets you import (*.txt) file with device and user details in the following format for adding multiple devices at once.
Mobile no.1,Username1,Email ID1 for example: 9012345678,ABCD,email@example.com
Note –Do not put space before or after comma in the above format.
This option lets you remove a group from the Managed Devices.
Change Server IP
This option lets you change the server IP address on the managed device. The new server IP can be allotted to a particular group or list of devices.
Synchronize with LDAP/Active Directory
This option lets you synchronize the managed devices with the source active Directory Organization unit, the minimum sync interval is five minutes and you can also exclude ADS source files that are not required.
This option lets you view properties of the group such as Name, Parent Group, Group Type.
Create New Group
In case the containerization benefits are not required, select the group type as MDM. The policies are applied to the Personal profile of the devices in the MDM group type. Web-blocking, Application Control etc. policies can be applied to the devices without creating a work profile (Container).
In case the device belongs to a company and is given to an employee for company work/task purposes, select the group type as COD (Company Owned Device). As company is the device owner, the device will always be policy restricted irrespective of the Geo/Wi-Fi location. Containerization and its benefits are available for COD group type.
In case the users are allowed to bring their own devices to company for work/task purposes, select the group type as BYOD (Bring Your Own Device). In this group type, policies will be applied within the Geo/Wi-Fi location. The restrictions as per the policy will be applied only if the device is in Geo/Wi-Fi location. If the device is out of the Geo/Wi-Fi location, the device will be free of restrictions. Containerization and its benefits are available for BYOD group type.
Creating a New Group
- Click Action List > New Group. Create New Group window appears.
- Enter a name.
- Select a preferred group type.
- Click Save. A new group will be created.
Adding a New Device
After a group is created, you will be required to add devices to the respective groups for managing and securing them efficiently. To add a device, follow the steps given below:
1. Select a group.
2. Click Action List > Add New Device. Add New Device window appears.
3. Enter the mandatory details.
4. Select the appropriate OS type.
5. Click Add. An enrollment email with a link to download and install eScan Device Management (client) will be sent to the specified email address.
The mobile number required here is only for indicative purposes and it need not be an actual mobile number.
Adding Multiple Devices
By using Add Multiple Devices option, you can add multiple devices to a group by importing details from a .csv or .txt file in the following format – Mobile no. 1, Username1, Email-id1
To add multiple devices, follow the steps given below:
- Select a group.
- Click Action list > Add Multiple Devices. Add Multiple Devices window appears.
- Click Browse and select the .txt and .csv file consisting required details.
- Click OK. All devices from the .txt and .csv file will be added to the group. After the successful addition, the following window will be displayed.
Ensure there is no space before or after comma in the above format.
Use a line break to separate each device’s information.
Removing a group
To remove a group, follow the steps given below:
Group Removal is allowed only for empty groups. (Group(s) that contains no devices)
1. Select a group.
2. Click Action List > Remove Group. A confirmation prompt appears.
3. Click OK. The group will be removed.
Changing Server IP address
- Select a group.
- Click Action List > Change Server IP. Change Server IP Address window appears. The IP Address field displays the current IP address of a group.
- Select the Change To check box and enter the new server IP address.
- In the Apply to section, select whether IP address change is forGroups or List of Devices.
- After you are done making changes, click Apply. After a group’s or device’s IP address is changed, a success message appears.
Synchronizing with Active Directory
To synchronize a group with Active Directory, follow the steps given below:
- Select a group and then click Action List > Synchronize with LDAP/Active Directory.
Synchronize with LDAP/Active Directory window appears.
- If you want to change the target group for synchronization, clickBrowse and select a group or subgroup. (Skip this step if you don’t want to change the group).
- Select the Source LDAP/Active Directory Organization Unit by clickingBrowse. It takes you to LDAP/Active Directory; selection will depend upon which OU you want to synchronize. After selecting OU, click OK.
- Set the Synchronization Interval as per your requirement.
- Click OK.
To exclude group(s) from AD sync
- Check Excluded LDAP/Active Directory Sources. Click Exclude. Select OU to Exclude pop-up appears.
- Select the group you want to exclude and then click OK .
Client Action List
This drop-down lets you take action for the devices added in the console.
Select a device or devices and take the action of your preference.
Moving Devices from one group to the other group
After adding devices in a group, you can move a device or devices from one group to other as per your requirement.
To move device(s) from one group to other, follow the steps given below:
- Select the group in which the device(s) is already added and then click Client Devices.
- Select the device you want to move to another group and then click Client Action List > Move to Group . Select Group window appears.
- Select the group to which you wish to move the device(s) and then click OK.
You can create a New Group by clicking New Group and move the device(s) to that group.
Checking a Device’s Properties
The Properties option lets you check a device’s general properties, anti-virus settings, protection status and miscellaneous properties.
1. Select a device.
2. Click Client Action List > Properties. The Properties (Mobile Number) window appears displaying all details of the device.
Removing a device from group
The Remove from Group option lets you remove any device from a group.
- Select a device.
- Click Client Action List > Remove from Group. A confirmation prompt appears.
- Click OK. The device will be removed from the group.
Resending Enrollment Email
The Resend Enrollment Email option lets you resend the enrollment email to the user who didn’t receive it at the time of adding the device.
- Select the specific device.
- Click Client Action List > Resend Enrollment Email. A new enrollment email will be sent to the user.
Changing a User’s Name/Email ID
The Change Username/Email ID option lets you change the name/email ID of a user.
- Select the specific device.
- Click Client Action List > Change Username/Email ID. Change Details window appears.
3. Make the required changes and then click Save Details. The User details will be updated.
Disenrolling a device
The Disenroll option lets you disenroll a device.
1. Select a device.
2. Click Client Action List > Disenroll. A confirmation prompt appears.
3. Click OK. The selected device will be disenrolled.
Steps for Defining Policies for the Group
To define policies for a group, select a group and under the group, click Policy. Group Policy pane appears on the right side.
Clicking Select Template displays a list of available templates.
Clicking Policy Templates displays Policy Template screen and lets you create, copy and assign template to specific group or devices.
Creating New Template
To create a new template, follow the steps given below:
- Click New Template. Create Policy Template window appears.
- Enter a name for template.
- Select appropriate group type.
The Create Policy Template lets you create template for both Android and iOS devices discussed below:
The Android Template consists following policies:
- Anti-Virus Policy
- Call & SMS Filter Policy
- Web and Application Control
- App specific network blocking
- Anti-Theft Policy
- Additional Settings Policy
- Password Policy
- Device Oriented Policy
- Required Applications Policy
- Wi-Fi Settings Policy
- Scheduled Backup (Contacts & SMS)
- Content Library Policy
- Kiosk Mode Policy
Anti-Virus Policy lets you scan the device, schedule a scan and update the virus signature database as per your requirement.